Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Constructionist Learning Theory


This week's task was more difficult than I imagined -- researching educational theories (which I have not done since my undergrad days) and synthesizing a selected theory into a one-page APA-styled summary.  As a verbose writer, the single-spaced page limit restriction was a huge challenge for me as there was so much to say about my chosen topic: Constructionism. It was also difficult to "mince" my words, as my writing style is generally a bit descriptive and long-winded.

I enjoyed researching this topic, and in fact believe I went a little overboard in reading and reviewing resoures, as there was no way I would be able to include them all in this limited overview.  The APA format was a bit of a challenge as well.  Many of my resources were a bit "out of the ordinary", so it was difficult to find their applicable rules of style.  Nonetheless, here is my final report.  Constructionism seems like a perfect fit for educational technology integration, and I look forward to finding out more in future investigations.

No comments:

Post a Comment